Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Carving (and some cookies!)

We had our Halloween weekend with Annaleen last week. We went to my parent's house and carved pumpkins and made sugar cookies. It was definitely a lot of fun. Annaleen LOVES going to "Jeanne's house" as she calls it. She loves my mom so much, and why wouldn't she? My mom always has little presents for her and does things like makes cookies for Annaleen even though my mom can't even eat them! She's the best grandma to her grand kids.




These were the end result of our cookie making. Annaleen had so much fun making "hockey pucks" for her dads, and flowers for her moms. It was really fun to bond with her too.

This is after we had gutted our pumpkins. I hate the feeling of gutting a pumpkin. Annaleen is the same way too. Randy just laughed at us.


Of course I made a kitty pumpkin. What else would I make, really?
Annaleen made a creepy spider. Notice Randy's concentration in the back.

My iphone is broken so I have the WORST camera, but Randy spent a ton of time on his pumpkin. We were all sitting around playing and he was probably carving for another half hour or so.






This was Annaleen's favorite part: lighting the candles.

My mom told Annaleen to trick or treat so she could give her candy. Annaleen came upstairs wearing my sister Megan's halloween costume from when she was five. Annaleen is seven, so you can see how small she is for her age. Funny story: I told her to go next door and trick or treat as a joke, but she took it seriously and came running back scared! I guess the teenage boys opened the door and were really confused.

We had a blast, and now I can't wait for real halloween this weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. just stumbled upon your blog, I'm one province over in B.C :D

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?That'sawesomme!! I'm just going to Vancouver on Friday for the first time. I've only ever been to Fairmont Hot Springs so I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete