Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Calgary Stampede!!

Let me tell you something, when the Calgary Stampede comes around the city is completely different. There's no work to be done, and all you need to do for two weeks is HAVE FUN. We decided to go to the Stampede three days this year. It was so much fun every single night.

The first night we went was the opening night. We went with a group of friends; Andrew, Chris & Monique. We went earlier in the afternoon and just enjoyed being there. We walked around the BMO centre which is a huge trade show. We ended up buying a couple things, but some of the stuff was hilarious! Randy's really good friend was also in the art show, so we went to visit him and his wife.  Then we hung around the stage until Our Lady Peace started playing!! They were so great live, and we had a blast with all of our friends.

 Eating a HUGE piece of pizza.
 A view of my walking shoes. These trusty Toms got me through two weeks of walking!
The Coca Cola stage!
My sister and I all dressed up and ready to Stampede!!
 Andrew and a bit of Randy
 Our Lady Peace
 Raine is so hot! His voice isn't bad either! :)
Monique and I attempting duck faces? I'm not quite sure.

After the show we all walked around finding all the great carnival food. Between the five of us we had deep fried oreos, pizza, corn dogs, pulled pork parfaits, and deep fried pickles! The oreos were the best! I definitely ate WAY TOO MANY.

The next night we met up with Elaine and Drew. Please don't judge me but I wore the same outfit as the night before. It was my best outfit!

 Elaine and I just taking some pictures!
 This describes our relationship to a tee. We are just random people!

Andrew put me up on his shoulders to watch Awolnation. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!

 The third and final night was actually the last night of the Stampede. We went with Andrew, Elaine, Chris & Monique.
 Chris, Randy and I representing some theChive shirts!!
 We also got a caricature drawn of us. It's so cute!! Andrew and Elaine got one too!
After we watched Awolnation we just walked around and enjoyed the fireworks!!! I miss the Stampede so much, and I can't wait for next year!

Part two coming up next...

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I am a canadian blogger too from BC. I love your passion for the canucks!

    xxS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Our house is in full Canuck gear when the season comes around! I hope the lockout ends soon. I love your pictures!!

      Delete
  2. You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! Australia strippers

    ReplyDelete