Monday, July 4, 2011

Things change quick!

So far it's been a crazy summer. I haven't been this busy in a long time. I definitely let my blog go to the wayside because some bigger things have been happening.

On June 14th my wonderful, amazing grandmother passed away. It's definitely been the hardest thing I've had to go through. I was really close with her my whole life. When my mom told me that she was getting very sick and she was pretty close to leaving this earth I was devastated. I think I was in shock because when my mom called me and told me she had passed on I still didn't believe her. I'd have to say I was floating on a cloud and it didn't set in until her funeral and I saw her in her casket. It still had been so hard on me and I couldn't be luckier with all my support and especially Randy. He's definitely a trooper and has been helping me our tremendously. One of the hardest things is knowing that my grandpa is having such a hard time with it. He suffers from dementia, and it's making it harder. I've just been praying that he can start to feel at peace and be okay.

We quickly got everything in order so we could head to Utah. We had been planning to go next week actually for a family reunion. Instead we just decided to take a week off and make this our vacation. Despite the circumstances we managed to have an amazing time. Randy met 100's of family members and he was definitely overloaded with all my family.

I will be doing a Utah post because it was so much fun and we did SO much.

I love you and miss you so much Grandma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment